As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will bring a strong computer-science perspective to aerospace applications of high-performance computing, data transformation, analysis pipelines, and test data visualization. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will automate data modeling, analysis, and processing so engineers can increase the frequency and coverage of qualification tests and verification. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedication and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop software systems and infrastructure to acquire and process engineering data used by our flight and ground test programs
- Support a high-performance computing deployment system that uses commodity hardware to reduce the lead time and cost of physics simulations
- Develop and support frameworks for automating embedded software verification, data analysis pipelines, and time-series data visualization
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers during all phases of design, development, and operation, up to and including the day of launch
- Support continuous integration and test of software in support of flight software qualification
- Develop and manage system interfaces including REST APIs, data streams, and document stores like MongoDB and Elasticsearch
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
- 5+ years of software development in a production environment
- Stellar written and verbal interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complicated systems
- Familiarity with deploying and troubleshooting applications in Linux
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Experience with scientific or engineering data visualization, especially platforms for automated reporting
- Familiarity with deploying infrastructure to Amazon EC2
- Familiarity with the Python scientific computing ecosystem (SciPy, NumPy, Matplotlib, IPython/Jupyter)
- Experience with troubleshooting distributed applications at the internet protocol level