What We’re Looking For
We are looking for creative team members who love to develop software. We want to work with people that make learning and teaching others a fundamental part of every day. We expect our senior engineers to be curious about how they can apply technology to make a meaningful impact to our customers.
In particular, we’re looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer who has experience with large-scale web applications, web services, and data architecture. If you are an experienced geek who loves working in an agile environment and who enjoys web development, databases, and working with other engineers of various disciplines then you’ll be a great fit!
What is a Senior Software Engineer and Why Are We Hiring One?
Senior engineers at RIDGID take on the challenge of leading full-stack development across a healthy mix of customer driven technology solutions. Each senior engineer on our team has a stand-out passion or two that they get to exercise on a regular basis. For some it is large-scale back-end web solutions and others it might be mobile development or machine learning. Senior engineers here are seldom given a directive on how to solve a problem. They are hired to be leaders and work with other leaders to design and deliver the best solutions for our customers’ needs.
As our tools continue to get “smarter” and more connected, the need for mobile applications and web services to support this kind of connectivity is increasing rapidly. The ecosystems of software that supports our website, CRM system, mobile applications, and our connected tools are all becoming more important than ever. We need senior engineers to join the team to help explore and keep up with the demand for new technology in this space.
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer who can focus and help take the lead on building out our RIDGID Cloud infrastructure and services in conjunction with other software engineers and hardware/firmware engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Expand the RIDGID Cloud services and infrastructure to support a growing number of connected tools, mobile applications, and back-end systems
• Participates in all aspects of the development process including design, development, testing (or better yet – TDD!), code reviews, deployments, etc.
• Investigates and implements new technologies where appropriate
• Works with firmware and hardware engineers to help define wireless connectivity protocols (e.g. for BLE) to connect tools to apps and the RIDGID Cloud
• Enhance the online experience of our customers through the development of snazzy web applications
• Works with and mentors otherdevelopers
• Experience designing REST APIs
• Relational database knowledge
• Experience with agile software development
• Test Driven Development (TDD)
• ORM tools like Entity Framework or LLBLGen Pro
• Responsive Web Design
• NoSQL databases
• Having really cool hobbies that could pay off in the work place
• All things IoT (Firmware, Sensors, Apps, Communications Protocols, 3rd Party Integrations..)
• AR, VR, AI or any related building block technologies
• NetworkInfrastructure, Security, Identity Management.