Are you a passionate and innovative software engineer looking to help develop state of the art robots and AI products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission-driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As a Senior Software Engineer in Platform Automation, you will be responsible for providing automated test infrastructures, embedded system interfaces, camera calibration processes, and much more. We are looking for a candidate who is excited to gain experience in embedded systems, robot production, and GUI tool development. You will work closely with the autonomy, embedded, and hardware teams to assure the scalability of Shield AI products through automation.
What you'll do:
- Develop interfaces and related architecture to enable automation of SAI embedded systems
- Design and develop user-facing software tools for calibration and verification of Shield AI platforms
- Design and develop software APIs for interfacing with robots or system level components
- Collaborate with AI and embedded teams to design hardware in the loop infrastructure and white-box test solutions.
- Work with AI and hardware teams to drive product test and calibrations requirements and respective test plans
- Work with electrical and mechanical engineering to design fixtures for automated test solutions
- Research and enforce industry best practices for embedded integration, robotics production, and sensor calibration for artificially intelligent platforms.
Projects that you might work on:
- Hardware in the loop and white-box test solutions
- Embedded software APIs and utilities that expose functionality of SAI products
- Production test suite for a newly designed quadcopter platform
- Automated calibration processes for multi-camera systems
- Embedded systems and microcontrollers
- Nvidia Xavier (AGX, NX), Pi, Arduino
What we're looking for:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years' relative experience
- Expertise with a majority of the technology above
- You are interested in creating cutting edge production processes for robotics and autonomous systems.
- You are interested in creating state of the art test automation frameworks and embedded system interfaces
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others