Our Aviation Technologies team is hiring a full time Senior Software Engineer
focused on Embedded Graphics
to develop software for Garmin Avionics at our Headquarters location in the Kansas City area.
In this role, you will be developing software in C, C++, or other selected languages, performing software design, development and testing for OEM and retrofit avionics products. The work will be focused on developing, testing and optimizing low-level GPU drivers in a multi-threaded system; Implementing OpenGL and Vulkan APIs; Developing profiling and debugging tools for GPUs.
Additional duties include:
- Developing high-performance, graphic intensive software on a resource constrained platform.
- Partner with electrical engineering to turn on new graphics processors
- Collaborate closely with product teams to integrate new features and technology into product platforms
- Coordinate closely with electrical engineers and vendors to integrate externally developed deliverables into projects as well as provide technical feedback in discussions on roadmaps and component selection for future platforms
- May perform as a Technical Lead or Lead Low-Level Software Engineer for software development projects
- Developing and maintaining multithreaded software.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math or Physics or another relevanat engineering/technical field AND a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency with designing well architected software systems and modules that support new technology or improve capability/performance of existing functionality.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in 2D/3D (OpenGL/Vulkan) graphics and rendering technologies and a strong expertise in math.
- Experience in writing efficient GPU shader algorithms.
- Knowledge of GPU architectures.
- Experience in low-level programming.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, age or disability.