$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Can you bring the ideas, energy, and dedication needed to reach and engage the next 100M eBay users? eBay Seattle is looking for very talented and motivated software engineers to join its Marketing Technology team. The team is responsible for the world class platforms and algorithms powering all of eBay's outbound traffic, advertising, and its affiliate program. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, integrating, and maintaining features for the Marketing Technology platforms, specifically for Audience Platform. This is an exciting and business critical role given Marketing Technology's importance to eBay.
• Collaborate with architects, engineers, QA and Operations teams to develop and support strategic and tactical solutions.
• Designing and developing application features based on a rapidly changing business strategy and new partner API enhancements.
• Focusing on scaling and enhancing the existing platform with maintainability in mind.
• Rapidly prototype new features and then productionalize them in a more hardened Production environment
Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• 5+ years of application development/programming experience, preferably in Java / Scala.
• Sound understanding of OOP and design patterns.
• Solid understanding of Web services. Web UI experience is a plus.
• Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive and Pig is a preferred.
• Experience with shell scripting and Python is a plus.
• 1+ year of experience with application development in a rapid iteration/agile software development team.
• Good communication skills, and the ability to work individually and independently, within a team, and across teams.
• The ability to independently design, code and test major features, as well as collaborate with other team members to deliver complex applications.
• Highly Desired: High performance/high volume application development experience
BS/MS in computer science or related field with 5+ years of related programming experience.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16