This is a great opportunity to join Dycom's Software Development team. This will be an exciting and challenging position where you will create and manage integration between Dycom ITSM systems and custom developed web applications.Company:
This is a great opportunity to join Dycom’s IT Department as a Senior Software Engineer. Dycom is a leading provider of specialty contracting services to the telecommunications and infrastructure industry. These services, which are provided throughout the United States, include engineering, construction, maintenance and installation services totelecommunications providers, underground facility locating services to various utilities, including telecommunications providers, and other construction and maintenance services to electric and gas utilities and others. Dycom’s IT environment is constantly changing, growing to meet the needs of our subsidiary companies and their customers. If you are looking for a career to work with a great group of people and have a real impact on the business, then Dycom’s IT Department is the place for you.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join Dycom's Build team. This will be an exciting and challenging position where you will create and manage integration between Dycom ITSM systems and custom developed web applications.
- Create excellent, stable, code that meets the needs of the customer – building systems for maintainability and growth.
- Demonstrate technical creativity while maintaining standards within ITIL Processes.
- Design, plan, and present end-user prototypes to demonstrate concepts and direction.
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing Angular applications and RESTful Web Services.
- Participate in code review activities and ensure that code corrections are made and those changes verified.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of software users.
- Review final draft of SDLC documentation for quality and accuracy.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Communicate with QA during the testing phase of each project.
- Work with matrix organizations such as Infrastructure, Data Management, etc to determine needs and potential impact of various projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems and 3 years experience or 7 yearsequivalent work experience.
- 3 years previous experience developing Angular/Node ITSM applications.
- Well-versed in system development methodologies (SDLC).
- ServiceNow experience is a plus.
- Waterfall and Agile workflow methodologies.
- Experience with common CI/CD tools: Jenkins, GitLab, Chef, Ansible, Cloud Formation, Terraform.
- Experience with automation in AWS, Azure and VMWare