As a Senior Software Engineer on our Administration team, you will work with an Agile team to develop new features and support a mature product which allows our customers to administer the Duo experience for their end users. You will face challenges that require creative solutions and a broad array of technical skills. You will work closely with product management, product design, and beta customers to deliver software at a rapid pace and of the highest quality.
Our ideal candidate has successfully developed highly scalable and available distributed systems. Experience with security products, Python, and Twisted are a big plus, as is experience working on B2B and SaaS products. If you're coming up short in these areas, but think you could still knock it out of the park, convince us why!
- 4+ years experience with Python, Perl, Ruby or other dynamic programming languages. Experience with Twisted a plus
- Experience building highly scalable systems, up to millions of users
- You’re a LAMP guru. You’ve worked with SQL databases like MySQL, NoSQL stores like Redis, or something in between. You have troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level OS issues to large-scale failures within distributed systems
- Experience delivering quality software through modern testing techniques
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, or conducting “Brown Bag” talks for peers on and off your your immediate team
- Experience with developing SaaS products
- Experience with IaaS (e.g. AWS)
- Background in software security
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with message queueing systems
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a high growth company
- Prefer trying and failing to getting it perfect the first time
- Don't believe you have to live on a coast to work for a high-growth company