Seeking a Senior Software Engineer in the Software Development department, New York office. The position is in support of the trading flow, curve construction, pricing and analytics, risk, revaluation, models, and general front office tools.
- Senior Software Engineer is responsible for assisting in the technical vision and strategic planning of all aspects of software solutions for the Capital Market business; including both in-house and external applications.
- Will be a part of mission critical projects and provide technical expertise for the development environment, technology architecture, and implementation.
- Will work together with the business users, traders, and analysts to ensure the applications meet users' specification and requirements.
- Undergraduate or graduate preparation in computer science from a top-tier computer science program (or equivalent).
- A significant, 10-15+ years of practical work experience involving software development and systems implementation, preferably in Financial Industry; or alternatively, a graduate preparation in a quantitative field (mathematics, physics, engineering) and a significant practical working knowledge of computer programming.
- A proven record of design and coding skills necessary for a hands-on programming position in numerical areas; requiring a strong amount of programming and support.
The following skills are advantageous for the position:
- Proficient in C/C++ programming language; Microsoft .Net/C#, or Java, and scripting languages e.g. Python *C/C++ and C# strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office technologies such as: Excel, COM, VSTO
- Familiarity with the database concept, relational SQL, coding with OLAP
- Formal background/training in mathematical finance
- Ability to design / architecture a software solution.
- Strong background in building enterprise wide software solutions in multi-technology environments and solid understanding of the impact of changes to the environments.
- Advanced understanding of current recovery solutions and high availability architectures.
- Expert ability to articulate points and provide summaries and explanations of technical concepts verbally or in writing to management or other internal departments providing the backing details as needed.
- Ability to build a network of relationships across the organization, obtain a detailed understanding of internal clients’ needs and drive organization wide design concepts gaining buy in and support of stakeholders.
- Strong solid analytical skills for diagnosing and troubleshooting potential system issues; Sharp mind to process solution with quick turn-around.
- Ability to operate in mathematical concepts, e.g.: analysis, linear algebra, calculus, statistics and probability
- Good teamwork and strong work ethic.