Opportunity abounds at Micro Focus – now the world’s 7th largest pure-play software company. The robust offerings of Micro Focus and HPE Software have been brought together to create a bigger, better software-focused company that is unparalleled in the depth and breadth of our portfolio. Take charge of your future and join our dynamic Digital Center of Excellence as we make a powerful impact on the world’s software landscape.
About the Role
Micro Focus is seeking an energetic, self-driven enterprise Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modifying software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs, primarily for end users. The Senior Software Engineer uses current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications, as well as completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
The Senior Software Engineer will:
- Lead multiple project teams of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration
- Manage and expand relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software applications design and development.
- Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provide domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software applications design organization.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 6-10 years’ experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid in computer engineering basics, data structure manipulation. Understanding of algorithms, complexity and code performance optimization
- Solid in PHP, Understanding of PHP language basics, especially, the OOP features.
- Proficient in Symfony framework.
- Proficient in Doctrine ORM.
- Solid in mysql database
- Proficiency with relational sql theory, sql queries and their optimizations.
- Understanding of database schema design, normalization and denormalization.
- Understanding of web application basics.
- Understanding of user authentication and use session management. Understanding of SSO (Single Sign On).
- Familiar with JSON/RESTFUL APIs.
- Understanding of web-tier caching.
- 1 -2 years’ experience with Docker, Linux: bash, system control, package management, Jenkins
- A working knowledge of: The CI/CD flow, Networking, Security, Source control
Job ID T_R_1610129