Senior Software Engineer - Digital Care, Chatbots, Elearning
* Write great code and create unit and integration tests that prove it.
* Conversational Help – design and build our next generation chatbot assisted help system. In scope of the designer will be the flow of a customer from chatbot to chat as well as to other modailities including long form content, search, community, live chat and call. More importantly, is support in defining the content patterns used for discourse with the GoDaddy chatbot including persona and pattern development.
* GoDaddy Academy – elearning for new and current customers with a focus on millennial age customers. This is a material focus for the brand team to rethink and engage millienials that today are just launching into the workforce but are a gap for GoDaddy – we don’t attract younger segments to GoDaddy.
* Click to Call/Request a Call – a new digital bridge for customers wanting to call GoDaddy Care which will change the way customers reach out to care. * GoGetter Community – "LinkedIn for Small Business" with a focus on mentoring customers and have them share with each other to build off of each others successes and network with each other for new opportunities. This also includes designing customer public profiles, sharing, messaging, etc.
* Crowdsourcing – an initiative built around new models for people, both internal and external, to contribute content to Godaddy.com. * Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices.
* Participate in devops, release and on-call activities in support of the platform.
* Write, edit and improve technical documentation.
* Support, mentor and help develop other engineers in the team.
* Understand the nuances between browsers and provide advice and guidance to other developers on handling those nuances.
* Contribute to Open Source projects related to the tech stack and domain of our products.
* You have experience with ElasticSearch and Cassandra
* You may have worked with one or more of the major AI, NLP, or Chat platforms from Google, Microsoft, etc.
* You have a strong understanding of git and git-based workflows. Experience managing Open Source projects a plus.
* You have experience working with highly agile development teams.
* You have worked with a wide set of front end technologies such as Less, Sass, React, Vue.js, Ember, Next.js, Angular, Backbone and/or jQuery. Experience with React Native a plus.
* You have used multiple "last mile" technologies such as grunt, gulp, or webpack to ship production-ready software.
* You have experience with and are capable of creating RESTful APIs to power web applications. Experience with other technologies such as Relay, GraphQL or WebSockets a plus.
* You have experience with Devops and understand what deployment means using systems like docker, AWS, OpenStack, Artifactory or Kubernetes.
* You have been active in the professional development community for at least 4 years.
Job ID R001827