Senior Software Engineer - DevOps ( Productivity )
About the role
As a Senior Engineer, you are a technical leader in your team. You can independently scope technical solutions and drive a project from beginning to end. You build distributed, high volume systems and are able to exhibit good anticipation skills and design skills. Services and features you work on that can easily be modified and expanded to adapt to new usage patterns and customer needs.
You are also expected to be collaborative and have good communication skills. You work well with members in the pod and outside, are able to have productive discussions with a wide audience, and are a trusted voice of the pod.
You improve the team and the company. You improve the quality of the code in your pod, contribute to finding and solving problems in your team and supporting broader initiatives.
You are a good mentor and can mentor other junior team members to be successful team mates, both technically and culturally.
- CS degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with algorithms, data structures, and coding
- Experience and skill with Java or Python and other object oriented languages
- Experience analyzing and debugging performance issues across distributed systems
- Experience with large scale data processing using MapReduce experience is a plus
- Experience with monitoring tools (Prometheus, StackDriver, Grafana, etc.)
- Experience with containerization and services (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Build and Deployment Tools (Maven, Make, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience implementing solutions in alignment with the principles of CI/CD
About the Team
The mission of the Productivity team is to build solutions that enable everyone in the company to better achieve their goals. As our engineering team grows, so too must our infrastructure. We’re building a scalable CI/CD systems with Kubernetes via Google Cloud that allows teams to continuously deploy their services. We’re developing in-house tools to help manage and create new services and provide an infrastructure for on-demand, ephemeral environments. We’re also engineering metrics solutions (with the help of Prometheus) to handle real-time monitoring for our 18 billion (and growing) daily events.
In addition to engineering needs, we service other teams through our internal Admin Dashboard and other in-house solutions such as our automated, intelligent account discovery for Salesforce.
We are the “meta-engineering” that makes employees’ lives easier and bring the building blocks for all of Leanplum’s solutions to life. Join us in building scalable solutions for our deployment, monitoring, and operations.