At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
As a Ping Identity Senior Software Engineer - DevOps, you will be involved in every facet of our Cloud-based services. You will establish solutions for building, deploying, and maintaining the infrastructure of one of the largest identity platforms in the world. We follow a DevOps model: Development and Operations teams are integrated, running continuous deployments daily, and the teams collaborate in the solution's development, deployment, and operations.
- Develop solutions for automated deployment of our software and services on our production infrastructure hosted on AWS.
- Establish solutions for virtualized platforms.
- Develop management solutions for managing services across multiple cloud platforms and data centers.
- Perform technology evaluation and selection
- Report to the Software Development Manager for PingOne Advanced Services
- 5+ years of experience in scalable, distributed systems architecture
- 5+ years of experience in Java programming
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud Platforms including AWS
- 2+ years experience with containerization technologies, including Docker
- 1+ years experience with orchestration technologies, including Kubernetes
- Experience defining and implementing automated service deployments, including provisions for networking, security, reliability, management, reporting, and configuration management
- In-depth understanding of best practices for deployment automation
- Experience using Git in a team environment (merge requests, branching, push, and pulls)
- CS Degree or equivalent experience
You will have an advantage if:
- You have an in-depth understanding of networking, including routing, naming, security, network performance, and network failure modes
- You have an in-depth understanding of the HTTP protocol
- You have an in-depth understanding of PKI
- You have experience with instrumentation and management of automated deployments
- You have experience resolving customer deployment issues
- You have worked with distributed teams
- You understand CI/CD processes, and have some experience building CI/CD pipelines