Job Description Summary:
J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their internal and external potential. The position is responsible for development tasks assigned during the Agile sprint. The position documents programs, develops and implements new features, and supports critical web applications' layer architecture and various back end systems supporting the platform and other digital initiatives. This position applies advanced programming techniques and concepts during the solution design and development. The position is also responsible for ensuring the team's compliance with J.B. Hunt's architectural standards.Job Description:
- Leads development efforts in an Agile development environment, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and sprint demos.
- Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience.
- Leads development and implementation of new features that meet J.B. Hunt's standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from other team members.
- Performs application debugging using their IDE of choice; unit testing using architecture standards; and documentation of current or future work tasks with a visual modeling application and/or an integrated README.
- Leads team members in the execution and release of builds using continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD applications and processes.
- Leads analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using software development lifecycle concepts.
- Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet deadlines.
- Acts as a technical consultant to the team's management by leveraging technical and domain knowledge to answer questions.
- Provides technical leadership to the team and others through coaching and mentorship.
Bachelor's degree in Computer and Information Science, Engineering, or Management Information Systems, or related, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience, and training; plus 6 years of experience in Software Development or Engineering.
- Experience developing, automating, and maintaining CI/CD processes for highly scalable, highly available cloud-based or on-premise applications
- Experience with automation tooling (e.g. TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Groovy, Kubernetes, Dynatrace, Sonar, Ansible)
- Experience with software build tools (e.g. Gradle, Maven)
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (e.g. Git/Stash, Bitbucket, Jenkins)
- Experience with building and administering VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant, or Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Puppet/Chef
Bachelors: Chemical Engineering, Bachelors: Civil Engineering, Bachelors: Computer and Information Science, Bachelors: Computer Engineering, Bachelors: Electrical Engineering, Bachelors: Industrial Engineering, Bachelors: Management Information Systems, Bachelors: Mechanical EngineeringLanguage:
English (Required)Work Experience:
Engineering, Software Development.