The role of the Senior Software Engineer is to build and provide ownership over high-quality, innovative, and high-performance software that complies with coding standards and technical design. As a senior engineer, you will also contribute to software design, continuous improvement initiatives, and technical guidance and mentoring.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment, focusing on sustainable development of high performance scalable, and maintainable enterprise solutions.
- Participate in design discussions around architecture and business requirements with the Lead Engineer, architects, product owners, and business analysts. Work with a fairly undefined and unbounded problem to produce scalable solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to local and offshore teams.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement and development best practices across products, teams, architecture, and implementations.
- Ensure successful system delivery to the production environment and assist the operations and support team in resolving production issues as necessary.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to coding best practices.
Education and/or Experience:
- Significant experience in software development delivering solutions into production and a track record of getting stuff done.
- Self-motivating, self-directing, a great communicator, and a desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Prior enterprise-level development and lifecycle experience. Experienced in working on large enterprise, high-availability, software products before.
- Strong understanding of the .NET development stack, relational databases, SQL, and ORM technologies working on the Microsoft Azure, or similar, cloud platform.
- Proficient in C#.
- Experience developing software in an agile environment and shipping features in a fast-moving, cross-disciplinary team (Product Owners, Designers, Business Analysts, QA, etc.)
- Experience successfully working remotely and/or with geographically dispersed teams.
- Mortgage industry and/or Financial Services experience is a plus.
- Experience with SPA frameworks (e.g. React, Angular) is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to remain current on technical updates and apply new knowledge to the job.
- Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements.
- Sound understanding of software development best practices.
- Ability to collaborate on a cross-disciplinary team with and clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Must exhibit strong professionalism and be effective working with senior management.
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage time.
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on call support including weekends on rotational basis.
- Ability to provide, as well as receive, feedback collaboratively and in a constructive manner.