Senior Software Engineer - Deployment Engineering
Senior Software Engineer - Deployment Engineering Team (sous)
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
About our team
We are responsible for building and maintaining a build and deployment platform for containerized applications, using docker and mesos. We write tooling using Go, and work to deliver software written in Java, Node, and C#. We also working withengineering to automate common patterns surrounding deployment lifecycles.
About the role
Being are a global company, you would be a subject matter expert in how our data centers and cloud infrastructure function. You have strong knowledge in a variety of areas, but are an expert in a few of them. You will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence team members and engineering technical leads across many timezones. You will organize and plan projects from start to finish with other technical leads as needed. Additionally, you should not be afraid to get your hands dirty writing scripts/code, configuring hardware, troubleshooting issues, digging into logs, looking at metrics, and deciding how to scale infrastructure. At its core, this role requires excellent problem solving skills. We support our corporate infrastructure paying the same attention to availability, scalability, and efficiency as we do our production facing services. You will be mentor, teach, and guide others as we strive to develop successful independent teams that solve problems in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- 5+ years systems engineering or software development experience on multi-team projects
- Able to communicate effectively with team members (engineering, IT, business, etc) of diverse technical backgrounds
- Experience programing medium to large software projects.
- Ability to program golang or willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to, plan, prioritize the work of others, drive, and contribute to multi-dimensional projects across multiple teams
- You are an innovator that is developing new concepts, methods, techniques
- Ability to develop long terms plans based on goals set by the team and business
- Extensive experience in administering, troubleshooting, deploying, and configuring Linux systems in a data center and/or cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Have a strong passion for automation – if you need to do it more than once, you are the type of person that will automate it
- Strong background in open source and active participation in the open source community