The Senior Software Engineer will help build our new and improved Provider Platform. Along with writing effective code, the position will be responsible for designing, building, delivering and maintaining a highly scalable set of products and applications. The incumbent will use industry best practices and work collaboratively with cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, architects, principal engineers, software engineers, test automation team and DevOps engineers.
How you will make an impact:
- Performs as a key contributor to an engineering team that builds and supports exceptional products that provide innovative solutions to challenging business use cases, existing system and operational problems.
- Participates in architectural design, system analysis, and programming activities on application software; this may often require independent research and study.
- Develops high-quality and production-ready software by using best-practice data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and frameworks that are maintainable, scalable, responsive, and secure.
- Writes highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability, security and performance and with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health.
- Produces complete, simple, and readable technical documentation for everything developed and maintains a team culture of documenting everything.
- Tests and ensures quality of all code that developed in line with principles of test-driven development and continuous delivery, utilizing test automation frameworks wherever possible.
- Participates in code-reviews, provides technical guidance and mentors software engineers.
- Collaborates closely with Engineering leadership, Product Managers, Designers, Test Automation and other teams and business units to define, prioritize, sequence and scope business and functional requirements and drive results.
- Instruments infrastructure and application performance monitoring, capacity management, alerting, tools instrumentation and metrics (KPI) management.
- Performs impact assessment of product (hardware, software) upgrades.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and executing engineering projects.
- Supports and collaborates with other Engineers through evaluation, design analysis, and development phases.
- Maintains knowledge, ensures competency and compliance with policies and procedures, in order to be the technical expert while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- 4+ years experience with a Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent technical education and experience.
- Expertise with Java/J2EE experience including frameworks such as Spring MVC and Hibernate.
- Experience with Spring Boot, microservices, NoSQL, caching and message queue technologies
- Integration experience consuming REST Services.
- Cloud experience with AWS or Azure or Google or PCF.
- Ability to understand business plans and apply that information into the development of an IT business case.
- Anticipates problems, resistance or likely objections and takes action to resolve them.
- Ability to lead and manage small to large enterprise network implementations or changes.
- Ability to guide, train and mentor associate engineers.
- Highly skilled in developing quantitative cost/benefit analysis to measure improvements.
- Proficient in organizational processes as well as capable of assessing and initiating change of such processes.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge and application of competency and can consult as well as lead others in its application.