As a Senior Software Engineer for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group you will lead the software architecture, implementation, and quality activities of an embedded software development team for Crop Care products, including application, planting, and seeding equipment.
- Gather the software-level requirements, define controller software architectures, break high-level requirements and subsystem requirements down to software requirements, support rapid-prototyping, integration, and verification and validation testing of embedded software
- Collaborate with a cross-functional teams, design and lead the evaluation of technical options, architecture, design, and implementation of software requirements
- Be the system technical expert on assigned functional area, analyze performance data and logs to identify and quantify performance or quality gaps and lead them to closure
- Mentors and coach junior software developers within the team
- Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in an Electrical, Computer, Software, or Systems Engineering related discipline or equivalent work experience. A masters degree in one of these disciplines is desired.
- 5 or more years of product engineering experience
- 5 or more years of experience in electronic system design, software development, and validation
- 2 or more years of demonstrated technical leadership capability
- Knowledge of principal components used in embedded systems including microcontrollers, ag displays, user experience, operating systems, sensors, actuators, and electrical systems
- Strong technical skills in the areas of software development, hardware integration, and electrical systems
- Experience collaborating successfully with engineers of other disciplines and working effectively with other functional groups
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work quickly, and ability to adapt easily in a dynamic, diverse team environment
- Advanced degree in engineering discipline
- A certificate in systems engineering
- Strong understanding of systems engineering principles
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems, GPS-based guidance systems, telematics and/or in-field communications systems
- Experience with vehicle electrical communication systems, ISO11783-based CAN networks, Ethernet
- Experience with agriculture or construction vehicles
- Experience with Precision Agriculture applications