Digi-Key is one of the fastest growing distributors of electronic components in the world. Since its founding in 1972, Digi-Key has been committed to offering the broadest selection of in-stock electronic components, as well as providing the best service possible to its customers, aiding engineers through the entire design process, from Prototype to Production. This has led the company to be highly ranked year after year in industry surveys in North America as well as Europe and Asia, in categories covering such facets of business as availability of products, speed of service, responsiveness to problems, and more.
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced and versatile Java developer that has a data streaming background to join our Search team as a Senior Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, a great communicator, and driven to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
Must be able to…
- Lead in design, development and support of Apache Kafka dat streaming services.
- Lead in the analysis, presentation and adoption of new or modified work methods, processes, and technology.
- Monitor the quality of the software produced by the team in terms of best practices, architecture, maintainability, durability, and efficiency.
- Lead in the work planning for development tasks.
- Lead the delivery of excellent customer service with urgency and ownership.
- Mentor team members in software craftsmanship and team processes.
- Provide guidance for the team and the business to ensure product integrity.
- Demonstrate proven behavioral skills, including being a team player, sound thinking and judgment, achieving results, relating to people, managing work effectively, and leading by example
Other typical tasks may also include...
- Participate in Developer Community of Practice, leading topic discussions and sharing ideas.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 4 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in development of streaming data solutions
- Demonstrate proficiency in NoSQL language, as well as working knowledge of common transformation methodologies, techniques, and tools
- Proficiency with Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, MongoDB, Kafka, ElasticSearch
- Must be detail Orientated
- Excellent communication, problem solving & customer service skills
- Continually striving to gather current knowledge and information relevant to business needs in order to achieve results
- Actively exchange ideas with others and build on their ideas to identify new solutions
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and professionalism at all times
- Able to work independently or collaboratively and maintain a positive attitude
- Able to initiate action and build relationships within the department
- Outstanding planning & Organizational skills
- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions
- Motivate staff to continue developing their skills
- Actively influence others to be excited and committed to furthering the organization's objectives
- Generally, spend the workday sitting at a workstation and operating computer devices, such as, but not limited to keyboard, mouse and screen
- Generally, spend the workday performing repetitive motions that involve or affect the hands, head, and other parts of your body
- Ability to operate computer workstation hardware and software
- Must demonstrate the following behavioral competencies; analytical capacity, attention to detail, communication proficiency, continuous learning, customer/client focus, developing others, ethical conduct, information seeking, initiative, manages execution, personal effectiveness/credibility, positive attitude, problem solving, professionalism, project management, relationship building, thoroughness, and time management
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or relevant work experience
- Experience working with Docker containers in Kubernetes and Rancher
- Experience developing applications that have interfaced with Mongo and Elasticsearch
- Experience designing and developing applications in an Agile environment
- Experience with .NET C#