Our software platform, data sharingnetwork, and industry partnerships enable healthcare providers to bring precision cancer care to every patient who needs it. By bringing together leading healthcare innovators into a unified ecosystem, we are working toward a future in which all cancer patients have access to the best personalized care, regardless of location or income. Our customers — including Intermountain Healthcare, Providence St. Joseph Health, Henry Ford Health System, Aurora Health Care, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health — manage one million active cancer cases at nearly 300 hospitals in 25 states. Headquartered in San Francisco, Syapse is backed by investors including Social Capital, Safeguard Scientifics, Ascension Ventures, GE Ventures, Intermountain Healthcare Innovation Fund, Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, Medidata Solutions, Roche Venture Fund, and Amgen Ventures.
About the role:
Syapse is seeking versatile deeply experienced engineers to join our data platform development team. We have a number of unusual challenges, due to working at the intersection of semantic data, scalable genomic data, pure SaaS, and medical applications. You’ll tackle complex challenges including architecting and executing a robust greenfield data platform, issues of performance and scalability, and delivering modern data tools to our ever evolving system. We are looking for a colleague who is as motivated as we are to tackle these issues and understand the larger picture always staying two steps ahead of where we’re going next.
Some projects we work on:
- Re-Architecting our data system to incorporate modern data processing tools to improve performance and scalability
- Contribute to building both relational and semantic data layer: optimize queries, design for scalability and availability, and contribute to the evolving deployment and physical architecture.
Some things you’ll be doing:
- Scale out several orders of magnitude to handle both the vast quantities of data, and the increasing number of users
- Develop internal tooling to improve reliability and efficiency
- Bring projects from all the way from conceptualization to development to deployment
- Participate in the architecture discussion at all levels of the application, including topics such as large-scale database deployment or customization sandboxes.
- Stretching outside your team to lead cross functional feature teams and projects
Some skills we’re looking for:
- Computer Science degree or 7 years of related experience
- Expert in Java, Python, or C/C++, Able to write, manage, debug multi-threaded asynchronous code with call-backs.
- Ability to Architect web solutions addressing SLA monitoring, security, performance, caching, debugging
- Knowledge of distributed systems, specifically: scaling, optimization, sharding, fault tolerance, and operation.
- Experience with AWS Cloud and related big datatechnologies is a plus
- Experience with NGINX and related technologies is a plus
- Expert understanding of relational, NoSQL, and graph databases is a plus.
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, databaseinternals, transactions, query processing and optimization, as well as federated data systems is a huge plus.