Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform at Snowflake you will perform one or more of the following:
- Build driver SDKs and provide guidance to 3rd party connector development and tools integration.
- Build cutting edge data ingestion and transformation service.
- Integrate with computing platform like Spark and build database extensibility features.
- Build scalable query result management infrastructure.
Our ideal Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform will have:
- At least 2 ~ 3 years of experience in delivering drivers or developer SDKs built on top of RESTful web service APIs or building import/export functionality in databases.
- Expertise in at least one of the following (bonus for more than one): Python, Java, NodeJS, GoLang, C#, Ruby, PHP.
- Desire to contribute to the open source community.
- Interest in creating well thought out infrastructure and APIs.
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, especially in a cloud environment. Great communication skills, both verbal and written, and an interest in working with a diverse set of peers and external developers.
- Genuine enjoyment of the art of building great software, and a love of learning new things you’re not afraid to challenge existing preconceptions with the goal of making the developer experience pure magic.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science equivalent majors or above.
Why join the Engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.