Senior Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Our fantastic team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 250 million people every week, and we’re just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
As a member of this multi-disciplinary team you will be involved in every aspect of next generation data-driven products (ideation, architecture & development, market positioning, etc.). This would require deep understanding of UEI’s core technologies as well as technology trends in data mining & cloud services. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve with current or new technologies with a single goal in mind, an unmatched user experience for our products.
We are all students here, and we do what it takes to achieve the goal. We are looking for a hands-on self-starter to join the fun.
- Work with key individuals to identify, prioritize, manage and track outstanding development tasks; act as Scrum Master and provide leadership when required
- Build and refine the infrastructure, data architecture, data models, and integration architecture while also ensuring the solutions supports user-driven, self-service analytics
- Design and develop solutions to process large data sets with statistical algorithms, machine learning, data mining and predictive simulations.
- Design, evaluate and optimize database structures (tables, views, and functions) while developing methods / scripts for monitoring database capacity, usage & performance
- Design and optimize database schema, architecture, queries, and complex stored procedures, for OLTP, OLAP and unstructured data services
Desired Skills and Experience
- Required – An Innovator, disrupter, leader and entrepreneur
- B.Sc. or M.Sc.in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of experience
- Possess a strong technical background and able to learn & apply new topics quickly and efficiently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design
- Maintain security and data privacy.
- Experience with modern data architectures (e.g. Drizzle, Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce, Redis, MongoDB)
- Ability to write MapReduce jobs.
- Familiarity with data loading tools like Flume, Sqoop.
- Hands on experience in HiveQL.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts
- Proficiency in one of the following programming languages: Python, R, Ruby
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server and other most common backend Microsoft technologies, including SSRS and SSIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft .Net (C#), WCF and complementary business layer and front-end technologies including SOAP and JSON webservices
- Strong knowledge of procedural languages such as T-SQL, PL/SQL
- Exposure to cloud services like Azure and/or AWS
Desired additional skills include:
- Experience working within a multi-country, multi-timezone fast moving team
- Experience with high availability, clustering, replication, disaster recovery
- Advanced Data Modeling development tools such as ErWin, Toad Data Modeler, etc
- Familiar with Data Modeling disciplines and advanced data patterns such as Adaptive Object Models (AOM)
- Data Warehouse Architect with NoSQL experience is a plus