What you'll be doing…
Are you a savvy Data Engineer with experience in cloud technologies and a passion for data? We are looking for a Senior-level Data Engineer to join the Data Science and Engineering group; in this role you will address data engineering and infrastructure challenges for product and internal operations. You will partner with world-class developers, engineers, architects, and data scientists to solve problems, provide leadership, and collaborate in defining best practices. You will also work alongside local product management and engineering and research teams to develop innovative solutions that will influence our product line.
Some of your responsibilities include…
- Partner with teams on modeling and analysis problems – from transforming problem statements into analysis problems, to working through data modeling and engineering, to analysis and communication of results.
- Establish tooling and infrastructure that enables teams to efficiently complete and maintain data science projects
- Build up and share best practices for teams working on analytical problems
- Use experience gained in the above and expertise in this space to influence our product roadmap, potentially working with prototype engineering team to add additional capabilities to our products to solve more of these problems.
Who you are...
- Experienced.5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Technically Savvy. A background in some specific technologies is preferred: AWS (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift), Python (including DS packages), SQLServer, Cassandra, Snowflake, and Data pipeline/streaming tools (Airflow, NiFi, Kafka)
- Data Rockstar. Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets. A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets. Deep knowledge of stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Team Player.Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!