Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
Highly autonomous driving is one of the key research-fields for future vehicle generations. Thanks to enhanced automation, the driver can be further relieved from the driving task to achieve a considerable gain in comfort and safety.
One of the key features for highly autonomous driving is a complete understanding of the vehicle environment in traffic flow. The environmental detection is primary based on sensors such as radar or camera. Another important role in this constellation is a digital and highly accurate road map.
Assistance systems for highly autonomous driving, require a digital road map that is significantly more comprehensive, accurate, safer and up-to-date than the map previously known in navigation systems.
The Maps and Navigation Data Team is looking for a passionate and versatile engineer in the serial development of telematics, to shape the future of digital and highly accurate map. Implement, administer and extend a production grade pre-development vehicle backend infrastructure enabling the next generation vehicle related web-based applications & services, to generate an entirely new user experience. Develop and implement concepts for future products in the area of vehicle relationship management and drive the transition into products.
- Implement, administer and extend a production grade pre-development vehicle backend infrastructure.
- Fulfill the role of a system architect for pre development projects. Define new interfaces and protocols for car to infrastructure and mobile device communication.
- Management of software projects to pre-develop the next generation of vehicle related apps and services. Coordinating internal and external partners to ensure that milestones and goals are achieved.
- Setup and operate internal development environment to enable team collaboration and general operation of projects.
- Constantly work with counterparts in the Daimler IT department to integrate Daimler specific IT protocols and standards into pre development projects.
- Ensuring the backend infrastructure availability including constant supplier supervision in order to mitigate downtime and to accelerate problem resolution as needed.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree - Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar (Bachelors + 5 yrs / Masters + 3 yrs / PhD)
- Very strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Strong expertise in IT infrastructure, networking, system architecture and database systems
- Hands on experience in software development
- Working experience in rapid prototyping environments
- Team-player with strong people skills & proven ability to lead small project teams,
- Computer networksecurity, protocols and topologies.
- Experience with database design and DBMS products (MySQL, MS SQL, Postgres & noSQL)
- Experience in Java software development.
- Experience with web technologies (Spring Boot, Maven, Mockito)
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS or Microsoft Azure