Senior Software Engineer – Data Analytics
Location: San Francisco (SoMa)
The Senior Software Engineer role will help design and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation Store, accessible via the PlayStation 4, mobile and web properties as well as other applications/devices. Many of these features will enhance PlayStation Network’s Commerce features and allow you to help shape the future of the world’s largest game and entertainment content distribution platform!
You will be responsible to execute full life-cycle software development and write well designed, testable, efficient code. You’ll produce specifications and determine operational feasibility, integrate software components into a fully functional data analytics system, develop test plans and quality assurance procedures. Also, you will document and maintain software functionality and tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field; 5+ years of coding experience in Java or C/C++
- Strong foundation in computer science with an emphasis in algorithms, data structures, software design and cloud design
- Strong NoSQL experience and knowledge is a must
- 5+ years of data analytics and science experience
- Experience with Scala; experience working with Kafka; experience working with Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning experience is a plus
- Experience building and developing Cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
- Knowledge and experience developing high scale, distributed applications is a plus