What you will be doing:
Responsible for managing the development and maintenance of existing and future software systems ranging from embedded control systems and image processing, to complex user interfaces for the Company?s CT and other medical device products. Candidate will work closely with a team of software, electrical, and mechanical engineers, both on-site and remotely.
- Oversee the Software Group in the engineering department
- Perform all phases of software development: requirements, design, implementation, verification, and release, which include manufacturing testing and support.
- Develop C/C++ applications, including those in embedded environments.
- Develop C#/C++/CLI user interface applications.
- Work closely within a small development team to troubleshoot development & production environments, performance tune, and optimize embedded systems
- Conduct reviews and critique other engineers designs
- Develop and execute test procedures
- Develop supporting design documentation
- Technical leadership in writing code, code architecture, peer reviewing code, and developing requirements and system architecture is expected
- Provide regular status reports, written and/or verbal, to cross-functional project team members
- Work in a team environment that encourages respectfully receiving and giving constructive criticism
- Work individually with minimal supervision and as part of team of engineers
- Keep knowledge of all company products up-to-date
- Required to wear dosimeter when in direct contact with radiation emitting devices
Experience you will need:
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience
- Proficient programming skills in C/C++, C#, or Java
- Proficient understanding of basic core concepts within computer science
- Proficient understanding of object-orientated programming
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications
- BS in Computer Science is a mandatory requirement for application acceptance. A MS in Computer Science is acceptable if only accompanied by a BS in Computer Science. No other degrees or combination thereof will be accepted.
Experience that is a plus:
- Experience with medical device software
- Experience working in an embedded software environment
- Experience using and/or designing with the Unity 3D cross-platform game engine
- Experience with online document control systems
- Experience with ISO, FDA and CMDR Awareness training