What you’ll do:
Our engineering teams work proactively to solve challenges associated with a growing, high-volume, customer-driven ecommerce and retail business. In this role, you’ll be a full stack engineer with ownership of critical functionality related to the Custom Ink platform and work collaboratively on continuous innovation to ensure we deliver an optimal Web experience for our customers and intuitive tools for the Inkers that come through for them. You will also mentor other engineers to enhance their skills, improve technical and process guidelines, and take the initiative to lead the way through complexities and problems normally encountered during projects.
This is an ideal position for someone who enjoys the rhythm of agile, test-driven development cycles and the rewards that come with delivering technology that has instant impact on a growing business.
Measures of success:
- You are a contributor to our culture. You evolve our software practices by leading design sessions, brown bag sessions, and team discussions
- You are a natural collaborator who works with engineers as well as business partners to deliver incremental value for our customers
- You consistently commit to building high quality software. You strive to commit well designed and maintainable code with low defect rates
- You complete your assigned tasks in a timely manner. You identify gaps in requirements and immediately raise concerns along with proposed solutions
- You will demonstrate ownership of our software and applications by resolving defects (your own or your team’s), keep gems/modules/frameworks up to date, and support the team in emergency situations (attacks or outages)
What we look for:
- Multiple years of work experience in designing, developing, and maintaining public-facing Web applications at scale, deployed in the AWS environment
- Experience with mentoring engineers and influencing engineering practices
- Background in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems preferred
- Full stack engineer - You are comfortable in the browser, the database, and everything in between
- Deep commitment to test driven development, and examples of how you've incorporated it into recent projects
- Demonstrated and documented interest in dynamic Web languages, evolving frameworks, AWS/serverless platforms and other progressive technologies that could be applied to improving the Custom Ink Web experience