SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Primary Responsibilities: Concurrent Technologies Corporation is seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. At CTC, you will work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire one another in a team environment. We are looking for talented professionals that will thrive in an innovative environment and love to roll up their sleeves to achieve solutions that benefit our customers.
The selected candidate will be responsible for analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of software systems. Responsibilities will also include the support of all life cycle activities spanning analysis through maintenance, using established software development best practices, and related procedures.
- The selected applicant will possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline with at least 7 years related software development experience, 2 years of experience developing software in Linux, and 2 years of experience programming C, C++, Java, or Scala on Unix or Linux.
- Candidate must have experience in defining, designing, developing, testing, and analysis of software architectures/infrastructures.
- Candidate must be proficient in C/C++ programming and debugging, Java programming, and must be familiar with Bash/TCL/Python scripting, and Unix/Linux programming.
- Excellent communication skills are considered a must.
- Master of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline with at least 4-6 years related software development experience
- DoD 8570 certification
- Experience with SELinux, RPM Creation, Anaconda, Cross Domain System Design, NetFilter/iptables. Secure Shell (ssh), and CGI programming
Clearance: US Citizenship required. The candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate US Government clearance for this position.
- Our technical teams at CTC are passionate and thrive on collaboration in a team environment
- We invest in training and development of our staff
- When we encounter a difficult problem, we have a variety of talented and diverse engineers that work together to solve the toughest challenges
- 529 College Savings plan, tuition reimbursement, retirement, etc.
- Flexible work hours
- Although our work at CTC is extremely important, we also recognize the need for our employees to maintain a proper mix of work and personal life.