What You'll Do
- Drive a technical vision for the engineering organization around scaling internationally
- Lead key efforts including build out of new product features, design & development of new microservices, and extending Credit Karma’s platform to new countries and markets
- Take an active role in the technical growth of other team members, and the processes that support overall team growth
- Scoping and planning work across multi-team efforts, working closely with business partners to define a product vision in technical terms, and plan implementation and delivery
What's Great About It
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisioning of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma’s mature platform and business.
- Lots of opportunity to break new ground, discover and solve brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organization
- Have the autonomy to achieve results without micromanagement.
- Credit Karma is an equal opportunity employer, and we highly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply; This is especially true on the International team where each of us should have empathy for members, partners and colleagues of diverse backgrounds
Experience We're Looking For
- Professional experience developing large-scale, high-volume services
- Significant professional experience in server-side development
- Knowledge in microservice architectures, messaging patterns, deployment models, domain driven design
- Professional experience across entire software development process, from development environment, to CI & CD, to production deployment, product and application performance measurement
- Approaches problems with a pragmatic, analysis driven approach - understands well trade-offs between perfection and time, with an eye towards iterative delivery of product features, and utilizes this capacity to plan and deliver on product requirements
- Confident articulating complex technical content to peers and partners
- React experience a plus
- Node.jsexperience a plus
- DevOps experience a plus, specifically Docker, Kubernetes, cloud services
- Proven ability and interest in mentorship of junior engineers
- A fun and positive attitude!