Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a brand new team in Atlanta, GA. In this role you will be responsible for developing critical applications utilizing Java, node.js and Python. You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship high quality code every day. In this cross functional role, you will collaborate with infrastructure, design, and operations to build mission critical internal and external features that enable core APIs for Cox Automotive. As a team member, you will be a Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer contributing at every level of our application stack. Your Agile team will be relatively small consisting of test, data and software engineers and a product owner who are intensely collaborating in meaningful way.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Cox Automotive you will:
- Contribute to and maintain the integrity of solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain.
- Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems.
- Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value.
- Shape actionable items for the data services engineering team to solve those real world problems.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Provide mentorship to the team.
About the Team In the Cox Automotive Data Engineering Services group, we foster a strong grassroots culture where problem-solvers and innovators have direct influence on product and business decisions. We are a tight-knit group with a make it work, make it fast, make it pretty mission. Each member of our team is expected to take ownership of initiatives, tackle new problems, master new technologies, and shape the future of our company.
- Critical skills include Java, node.js and Python
- Git or general version control experience
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
- Eager to dig into problems and bring proposed solutions to group discussion
- Open to feedback and able to creatively adapt multiple ideas into a solution
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Technical writing including high and low level diagramming techniques
- Degree in CS/SE or comparable work
- Big-data implementation experience using Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, ElasticSearch, NoSQL or related tools/technologies
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience with information retrieval systems, hard state-space optimization solutions Automotive industry experience
- Strong system administration skills
- Public speaking skills