Foot Locker’s digitaltechnology and customer experience group is looking for a data engineer to build and maintain data models required to support the new ecommerce platform. The engineer will be responsible to build data event handling for near real time data updates on critical commerce data. This position requires exploring large data sets and requires learning new technologies in a collaborative environment.
- Analyze, design and build Integration solutions using open source products or Azure Webservices for transaction based systems.
- Develop functional and design specifications for client data integration solutions.
- Apply complex problem-solving skills using database management, data mapping , RESTFul APIs and webservices skills to solve business data problems.
- Build self-monitoring, robust, scalable data event handling system for near real time data updates.
- Performance analysis and tuning using SQL
- Very strong SQL skills, including experience querying large, complex data sets and performance analysis.
- Strong experience with working in a high volume transactional databases using MySQL, SQL server. Working knowledge using NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Experience using Kafka or other data eventpublishingtechnologies.
- Experience in Java, Python, or any otherscriptinglanguages.
- Experience with schema design and ongoing maintenance of transactional databases.
- Passionate about data-driven approaches.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related field and 8years of related work experience.