Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a Senior Software Engineer - Core Services, to be part of designing and implementing Cloud Native RESTful APIs used by our websites, native mobile apps, and partners consuming internal and external services. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving business problems by delivering simple, robust and maintainable solutions using continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Lead back-end development efforts in building a robust ecommerce platform within the scrum team.
- Rapidly design and implement RESTful APIs using proven design principles by discovering and understanding internal and external sources meeting the scalability, availability and performance requirements.
- Design and develop utility functions and cross cutting modules.
- Technical deep dives to solve complex business problems.
- Develop unit and functional tests for the code developed.
- Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum, test driven development environment.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum environment.
- Solid experience with Java, JEE technologies, Spring and related frameworks.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge in Asynchronous Messaging and Event Driven Architectures.
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools (Jenkins, Git, Chef etc.).
- Experience with containerization / orchestration technologies tools like Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes and Swarm is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in building back-end systems.
- 2+ years of experience in building scalable RESTful APIs.
- Has exposure to Cloud environment using AWS or Azure or Google Cloud platforms.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related field and 8years of related work experience.