About the team:
The Core Data team is responsible for the data systems that power Sift's online infrastructure. We make sure they are available and performant at all times to serve our customers. In the events of outage and failure we will have practiced plans to be able to recover. These are very large and complicated systems that require constant vigilance to meet these goals.
What you'll do:
- Own the availability, performance and scalability of Sift's primary online storage systems
- Solve complex problems that arise from our unique data volume and request rate which may involve digging deep into data store internals
- Design and implement services and libraries for components to interact with data stores safely and efficiently
- Prototype new data storage systems and find if they are a fit for Sift. If they are, follow through on the full implementation and support
- Develop tools for monitoring, detecting faults, and automatically repairing distributed data store solutions
- Provide design support to internal engineering teams for optimal usage of data stores, data growth planning, and production workload optimization
What would make you a strong fit:
- Strong experience with Java, Python, Scala or Go
- Solid experience building and developing distributed systems with millions/billions of transactions per day.
- Experience building/supporting real-time and offline data pipelines.
- Have strong SQL skills and knowledge and familiarity with distributed data stores
- Hands-on experience running and managing production distributed databases
- Experience building and debugging tools on Linux environments
- Familiar with distributed database internals
- Experience running large-scale data storage systems that span across multiple data centers
- Understanding the planning process and key indicators of a successfully implemented infrastructure solutions
- Experience with BigTable, HBase, Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Redshift or Memcache
- Familiar with configuration management and automation systems such as Terraform Salt, etc.
- Familiar with Docker and Kubernetes