O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 246 days ago
This role is part of the Software Development Group within the Mastercard Payment Gateway Services Division in St Louis and collaborates with internal customers and colleagues across the globe.
As a Senor Software Engineer in the global Continuing Engineering team you will be responsible for Level 3 production support across a number of business critical Mastercard payment gateways.
• Are you an experienced Java developer who is passionate about managing the end-to-end resolution of customer issues under tight timeframes in a complex software environment?
• Do you have payments/ecommerce industry experience and want to use this in your next career move?
• Are you someone who enjoys working with other Software and DevOps professionals to solve difficult technical problems in a supportive culture?
• Are you able to pick up domain knowledge and software technologies quickly and efficiently?
• Maintain and develop a payment gateway product deployed globally.
• Provide 3rd level support to maintain business critical functions for our customers.
• Collaborate with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs and product guidelines.
• Collaborate with DevOps and 2nd level support team members to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Perform significant advanced code development, code review and day-to-day support duties.
• Be responsible for the support and maintenance of software solutions.
• Support daily operations with a focus on triage and root cause analysis by understanding the business implications of our products.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated experience in supporting and maintaining large, distributed and mission-critical systems in a product development environment is essential.
• Experience developing or supporting large scale Java services and/or web user interfaces is essential.
• Strong Java and Spring experience is essential.
• Experience in application development lifecycles and how applications integrate with operations
• Experience in working with development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships.
• Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
• Knowledge of security concerns such as OWASP Top 10 and PCI DSS is highly advantageous.
• Actively involved in your own professional development and skills growth.
• You are inquisitive by nature and enjoy working with other developers to solve difficult technical problems!