- Work with Kubernetes, Docker and openstack engineering to develop features for cloud team.
- Provide support for SRE teams to deploy, upgrade and manage containers and VMs at GoDaddy.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Provide dev support to services once they are live by understanding and fixing measurement of availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Participate in incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Knowledge of OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, and Container Technology
- Proficiency with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Proficiency in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- 2-3 years of experience developing in Containers.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Go, Python, Jenkins,
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Have experience developing R.E.S.T. APIs.
- Drives design and development from a "correctness" POV over functionality.