As a Senior Software Engineer for Connected Devices Universal Windows Platform (UWP), you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible on Xbox One consoles and Windows 10 desktop devices. You'll work on a team of other client developers alongside systems, services engineers, and project managers.
We’re looking for someone that is proficient at writing clean, readable, highly optimized C# and XAML with a low memory footprint, appreciates the details that make the development lifecycle exceptional, and demonstrates enthusiasm for new technologies, languages, frameworks, and platforms.
This opening is for a Senior Software Engineer. Whether you’re in New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, or anywhere in the US (remote work), we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- To work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- To work with a world-class team of Engineers
- To work on award-winning, complex apps and systems
- To work in a highly collaborative team environment
- To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
Work on UWP apps based on C#/XAML running on Xbox One console and Windows 10 desktop.
- Rapidly prototype and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable media applications using C#/XAML.
- Enforce code quality through test-driven development and unit testing
- Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, design, and marketing teams to help define product requirements.
- Review and test pull requests from peers
Candidates should have:
- 5 or more years of experience building compelling UWP applications.
- Strong experience in C# app development, both with and without third party frameworks.
- Strong XAML skills including control creation and control templating
- Strong architectural skills and ability to communicate about MVVM, dependency injection, and other software architectures and application design patterns.
- Experience mentoring junior level team members.
- Experience building reusable frameworks and SDK’s for other application developers
- Experience building apps on Xbox One or Windows (or other devices such as Google Chromecast, AppleTV, or Sony PlayStation).
- Video streaming technologies including HLS and DRM.
- Visual Studio
- Github Enterprise