The Google Camera team has helped Google establish itself as a leader in computational photography, with ongoing contributions to Pixel phones, Google Photos, and Camera Go. Past launches include HDR , Night Sight, Astrophotography, Portrait Mode, Live HDR , and Portrait Light.
The Google Camera team works to sustain and improve image quality for mobile and server-side photography, as well as making it more creative and fun. Our work can help define the future of photography - influencing new Google hardware, and changing the way we capture, process, and relive important moments.
The team includes people with diverse expertise (imaging, computer vision, graphics, high-performance code, and compilers) from both academia and industry. Many Google Camera team members are also passionate photographers, and have the opportunity to contribute to the \"look\" of image processing at Google.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of software development experience, or 5 years of experience with an advanced degree.
- Experience in image processing and performance optimization.
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with machine learning in the context of image processing.
- Experience architecting and developing large scale design.
- Experience with algorithm design and optimization in performance-constrained environments.
- Passion for photography.
- Ability to write in English fluently.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software. - Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. - Focus on overall product quality and user experience. - Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.