As a member of the Map Search team you are passionate about delivering a best-in-class map experience to consumers and agents, and you feel it is critical that your voice is heard in product and business decisions. You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You will participate in all aspects of our development and provide expertise on both front- and back-end.
You are comfortable working on any part of the stack, from making a great interface to debugging our distributed infrastructure. Your code is architected for modularity and re-use. You have strong opinions on code structure and style. You also possess strong algorithmic and data structure knowledge.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Collaborate with product and design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- 6+ years experience writing database-driven web applications in Java, Go, Python, or other server-side language
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with a relational database (Postgres preferred)
- Familiarity with public cloud platforms (we use AWS), containerization, micro-services architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Understanding of and adherence to industry-standard best practices in software development and architecture
- Experience with Google Maps API, Mapbox API, or equivalent is a plus
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent (job experience, bootcamps, etc)