Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we assist more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, K-12 schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,200+ employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team!
A Day in the Life:
- A NimbleUser Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for development and delivery of the best possible features given to your squad.
- As the technical leader you will own the engineering efforts and ensure we are meeting or exceeding our quality standards, delivering in a timely fashion,
- and providing sound technical foundation for your features.
- A great squad leader is able to define the technical requirements that will deliver the right business requirements and work with other stakeholders as needed to produce the best product possible.
- Sr. Software Engineers also work with the squad’s engineers to ensure they are getting the guidance, support and training needed to be
- A Senior Software Engineer works with other technical leaders on defining our engineering standards, processes, and ensures we
- are following through on them.
- Senior Engineers actively develop features alongside the squad and also serve as the technical subject matter
- A Senior Software Engineer should strive to make NimbleUser, our clients and teammates more nimble through continuous improvement.
+ Software Engineer Role Items:
- Develop software using software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Actively participates in requirements, architecture, and design meetings.
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to technology project challenges.
- Create and maintain a great software architecture that enables our products to be fast, nimble and reliable.
- Help us push the envelope in ways we haven’t thought of yet.
- Stay connected to our clients and end users, including routine participation in services projects.
- Write documentation for both internal and external consumers, covering design artifacts, code, and fixes.
- Ensure our product is properly covered with unit tests by creating and maintaining the tests and testing framework.
- Share knowledge and mentor/review work of other developers.
- Ensure that design/development best practices are followed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
We are looking for someone who:
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field of study or equivalent
- experience is acceptable.
- Minimum 3-5 years of software development and technical architecting experience is required.
- Salesforce.com Platform App Builder Certified
- Salesforce.com Platform Developer I Certified
- Salesforce.com Platform Developer II Certified
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts using SQL and/or SOQL
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented programming languages such as C#, Java, Apex
- Understanding of source control systems, preferably git
- Experience developing cloud based applications
- Good understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Experience working in an Agile methodology
- Demonstrated experience in technical leadership skills
- Ability to adjust and set work priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to work independently. Self-motivated with ability to drive projects.
- 3+ years experience with Force.com along with Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce APIs, and SOQLSolid understanding of relational database concepts using SQL and/or SOQL
- Experience developing for mobile devices
- Experience with CMS, Social Networking Platforms and eCommerce platforms
- Knowledge about associations and nonprofits
- Knowledge in accounting