NVIDIA is leading the way in groundbreaking developments in Artificial Intelligence, High-Performance Computing and Visualization. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. Our work opens up new universes to explore, enables amazing creativity and discovery, and powers what were once science fiction inventions from artificial intelligence to autonomous cars. NVIDIA is looking for phenomenal people like you to help us accelerate the next wave of artificial intelligence.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior software engineer for an exciting role in our network software and communication libraries team. The position will be part of a fast-paced crew that develops and maintains software for complex heterogeneous computing systems that power disruptive products in High Performance Computing and Deep Learning.
What you will be doing:
- Design, implement and maintain highly-optimized communication runtimes for Deep Learning frameworks (e.g. NCCL for TensorFlow/Pytorch) and parallel programming interfaces (e.g. UCX for MPI/OpenSHMEM) on GPU clusters
- Design, implement and maintain system software that enables interactions among GPUs and interactions between GPUs and other system components
- Participating in and contributing to parallel programming interface specifications like MPI/OpenSHMEM.
- Creating proof-of-concepts to evaluate and motivate extensions in programming models, new designs in runtimes and new features in hardware
What we need to see:
- M.S./Ph.D. degree in CS/CE plus 5+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- Strong experience with Linux
- Strong understanding of computer system architecture and operating systems.
- Experience with parallel programming interfaces and communication runtimes
- Ability and flexibility to work and communicate effectively in a multi-national, multi-time-zone corporate environment
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Deep understanding of technology and passionate about what you do
- Experience with CUDA programming and NVIDIA GPUs
- Knowledge of high-performance networks like InfiniBand, iWARP etc.
- Experience with parallel scientific applications
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic matrix environment