RemoteThis position is remote based. At Delphix, Cloud Systems developers are independent and self-organized individual contributors who work together as a tight team in a remote and agile way. The Cloud Systems team at Delphix has a mission to transform our software delivery model from an on premise appliance to hybrid on-premise SaaS model. Fullstack Engineers work in small groups with a product manager and UX designer in order to deliver new features in alignment with the company's goals.
- Develop features and improvements to the Delphix cloud based products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (e.g. UX) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
- Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Professional experience with Python
- Professional experience with Java
- Professional experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. Postgres, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- A positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills: regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those valuesAbility to thrive in a