Our team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will contribute to creating, scaling and decommissioning our cloud environments. This position will report directly to a Senior Director and is available to work from home or any New Relic office.
What You’ll Do
- Diagnose and solve problems in high throughput services and distributed systems including taking care of coordination, concurrency, and resource efficiency.
- Coordinate with Data Platform teams to create, scale, and decommission cloud environments
- Build platform-wide observability focused on informing capacity and revealing our true customer experience
- Extensive hands-on experience and proficiency in one or more of the following: Java, Go, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Exposure to CI/CD/DevOps, Terraform, Docker, and monitoring technologies.
- Ability to take initiative and scope work to deliver value iteratively, making meaningful design decisions, and driving work to completion
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing with a passion to mentor, lead, and guide others
- Experience working with Kubernetes (k8s)
- Experience with Kafka or other data pipeline technologies
- Strong testing abilities. Consideration of both automated testing and monitoring to improve team efficiency and reliability of production services