Who You'll Work With
CSG provides an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with one of CISCO's highly talented group of engineers, on exciting and challenging Network Management Applications that manage a wide variety of leading edge networking technologies. Cisco DNA Center using intuitive workflows, makes it easy to design, provision, and apply policy across network. The DNA Center provides simple overview of network health and clear drill-down menus for quickly identifying and remediating issues. The network design interface allows quick creation of physical maps and logical views of all network deployment locations. Automation and orchestration provide zero-touch provisioning based on profiles facilitating remote branch network deployment. Advanced assurance and analytics capabilities use deep insights from devices, streaming telemetry, and rich context to deliver an uncompromised experience while proactively monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing wired and wireless network. These technologies are major growth areas for Cisco and provide great opportunities for learning, career development and advancement. In addition to learning about development engineering and the latest development methodologies, working with customers, you will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience working with a variety of Cisco devices and technologies in an environment that promotes learning and innovation.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer in Cisco's CSG group, you will be responsible for leading successful deployment, operation and troubleshooting of highly scalable SDN controller and network management products in customer’s environment. Open communication, empowerment, innovation and quality, teamwork and customer success are the foundations of the team.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with customers to identify deployment and operational challenges and provide solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to teams on a highly scalable distributed solution
- Drive/collaborate with other technical leaders/software engineers on arriving at solutions to customer’s challenges.
- Develop software solutions independently and rapidly with a focus on quality.
- Champion quality within development organization
- Engage with product management to clearly articulate and drive product enhancement requirements that customers want
- Review and write product documents including customer facing documents.
- Perform system profiling and analysis, identifying resource and latency issues
Qualification and Skills
- BE or MS CS/EE with 8+ years of industry experience
- Self-driven with proven experience driving design and implementation of software solutions through architecture.
- Excellent communication/presentation/collaboration skills for interacting with internal/external teams and customers.
- Ability to execute and deliver multiple activities in parallel
- Excellent domain knowledge & proven experience working with Java, HTTP, JEE, JMS, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Apache Cassandra, Kong, REST, Spring, ORM/Hibernate, Apache Tomcat, XML, containers, Docker, Kubernetes, micro services, performance profiling tools, database, and HA patterns
- SNMP trap processing and knowledge of MIBs
- Excellent analysis and programming skills
- Experience of developing and debugging applications on UNIX/Linux Operating System environments
- Experience of Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of technologies like TCP/IP, LAN/WAN routing/switching and othernetwork layer protocols a plus