Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of several networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Cisco continues to lead in new areas such as Cloud, Data Center, Virtualization, SDN, Internet of Things. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
Cisco is a $50 Billion dollar global leader in supplying leading edge, best-in-class networking products driving today's Internet. The company is ranked as one of the world's best employers and spends over $6 Billion dollars a yearinvested in R&D. Cisco is a great and amazing place to grow your career. You will work within an Agile team environment and have the opportunity to continue to enhance your architecture and programming skills.
You will be part of a team responsible to design, implement and collaborate on advanced and emerging technologies that will power the next generation of Service, Content, Data Center and Cloud providers. You will have the opportunity to make an impact to the world in a fun thriving and leading-edge environment.
<b>Role & Responsibilities</b>
• Participate in the definition and development of routing/forwarding software for our next generation of networkrouter product family
• Work closely with different teams to define, design, implement, test and deliver routing (L2, L3, MPLS, Segment Routing) and forwarding features.
• Work closely with OTT/Web and Service Provider customers to assist them in building and deploying leading-edge networking solutions.
• Champion new/improved design and testing methodologies
• Participate in Cisco Patent Program and standardization activities (IETF, IEEE, etc)
• Typically requires BASc, MASc or a Ph.D in EE/CS.
• Experience in developing embedded systems based on real-time OS
• Experience developing scalable and highly reliable applications on Linux using C or C++.
• Experience with concurrent programming and multi-threading.
• A grasp of networking technologies, TCP/IP, UDP, OS infra-structures, Linux
• Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
• Strong written and verbal communication, experience in presenting ideas/concepts
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time, prioritize them and manage time effectively
• Self motivated, highly ambitious, has a desire to challenge the status-quo
• Experience with C, Python.
• Solid design skills and experience with optimized usage of data structures and algorithms for efficient and high quality programming.
• Experience in developing MPLS, BGP, IGP, Multi-CAST, Segment Routing or L2VPN/EVPN features
• Experience in network virtualization or SDN development