At the heart of our business at Bloomberg is connecting decision makers to business and financial information, news and insight. As our industry has evolved, the way our clients consume that data has changed. Today our large enterprise clients and FinTech vendors demand tight integration of Bloomberg products with their own highly complex and time sensitive backend systems.
The CIS group is changing the way our clients connect and integrate with Bloomberg. We build solutions for secure, high throughput and low latency data transfer. We allow clients to manage their full integration with Bloomberg products through a single system available online and in the Bloomberg Terminal.
This is an area that is growing rapidly. With ever increasing demands for more capabilities in data transformation and analytics, we are building out an architecture using a combination of third party, open source and in house technologies to scale to meet these demands.
As part of the Bloomberg Software Infrastructure group we are looking for someone who:
- Is unafraid to work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions.
- Can work in a fast paced Agile environment with challenging new requirements.
- Can work directly with key stakeholders to translate business requirements into value products.
- Has a focus on designing and delivering high quality software (Low Coupling, High-Modularity, High Test-Coverage).
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in Java (or C++/C#)
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms and strong problem solving skills
- Strong object-oriented skills and experienceapplying modern design patterns
- Experience in engineering a hosted and distributed infrastructure
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with .Net/WPF or Java/Web technology
- Experience with open-source technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Storm
- An understanding of or exposure to functional programming languages such as Scala and F#