We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to design and develop software components for enterprise mapping products in Chicago. The Senior Software Engineer will join an existing team of engineers to develop and maintain a software system in Java. Hands-on experience with Scala is a huge plus, but not a requirement.
Our client is a global leader in mobile navigation communications and is building custom software infrastructure to support cutting-edge autonomous driving software and mapping technology. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on high-tech solutions and genuinely contribute to next-generation technology.
Location: Downtown Chicago.
Senior Software Engineer
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Java as a Software Engineer or Software Architect
- Professional development experience using Scala is preferred, but not required
- Hands-on experience deploying highly scalable, mission-critical systems in cloud environments is required
- Must have experience building distributed systems or middleware in a multi-threaded environment
- Web services, queuing, message processing, and big data streaming experience is required
- Preference given to candidates with prior experience with AWS, Docker, Aurora, Mesos, and Agile methodology
- EXCELLENT written and verbal communication skills absolutely required for this role.
If interested, pleaseapply with an updated resume. We are interviewing qualified candidates right away and the right person will get an offer very quickly.
You must be able to work LEGALLY in the United States as NO SPONSORSHIP will be provided.