We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Seattle, WA.
Who Will Love This Job
- A team player: You collaborate with other team members to solve problems and work together to achieve deadlines and departmental goals.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- A problem solver: You use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. You probe all fruitful sources for answers and you can see hidden problems. You look beyond the obvious and you don't stop at the first answer.
- A smart cookie: You are bright and intelligent. You deal with concepts and complexity comfortably. People describe you as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You enjoy working hard! You are motivated to learn more about things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
What You'll Do
The Senior Software Engineer is well-rounded, someone who is comfortable writing SQL queries one day, business logic in C# the next, and debug some CSS after that. The SSE leverages good design and coding principles, can think abstractly and knows how to get things done in collaborative, cross-functional teams. The SSE has been through numerous release cycles, knows how to debug challenging issues, and simply writes solid code while collaborating well within a team.
This position is responsible for building tools and functionality which expose our industry-leading Apptria software recognition catalog to current and potential OEM partners. Software eingineers at Cherwell have a fantastic opportunity to directly influence the product, to learn and grow, and work with exceptional people in a great environment.
What You Should Have
- 5 years minimum developing multi-tier, enterprise software applications, preferably with C#/.NET or Java
- Experience with web application development, both client and server side
- Experience building and delivering commercial-quality RESTful APIs
- Experience with web-based security models
- Solid application of modern design principles (OOP, patterns, etc.)
- Proven ability to translate product requirements into working solutions
- Willing to work within Scrum/Kanban teams
- Experience with source code version control
Nice to Have
- Experience with the Microsoft stack: .NET, C#, ASP.NET, .Net Core, SQL Server
- Demonstrated experience mentoring or training other engineers
- Skills with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and cloud dev services (AWS, Azure)
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- Bragging rights – check out our awards!
- We’re a fun, close-knit team
- We have a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions, team outings, and new hire lunches with the CEO