The Senior Software Engineer, Identity Management / Data Platform is at the core a technologist with a broad skill set that brings enhanced value to product development, and responsible for building key components of Change Healthcare’s Identity Management and Healthcare Data Cloud.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Develops or enhances software components and products that focus on determining if data, from multiple healthcare sources, should belong to the same individual. This may involve the development or utilization of deterministic and/or probabilistic matching algorithms or tools.
- Analyzes data to identify patterns that may determine if data should belong to an individual.
- Develops or integrates to referential matching systems, technologies and data stores.
- Designs, modifies, implements, tests, and provides operational support for enterprise software products and platforms, including software infrastructure and development tools for the Data.
- Platform components and modules in AWS-hosted environments; engages in building solutions leveraging technologies including but not limited to Scala, Spark, Hive and AWS services such as EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, Kinesis, SNS, Redshift, Data Pipelines.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 7+ years of experience with end to end enterprise software applications.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with any Big Data and cloud-based technologies such as DynamoDB, Cassandra and related tools and systems.
- Deep technical understanding of Spark, and Scala.
- Bachelors or Graduate Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience building and supporting complex systems in AWS Cloud environment
- Experience in data modeling for NoSQL databases
- Strong background in complex queries to support data analytics
- Experience in performance tuning, scalability design, and Spark data processing
- Proven experience with AWS services such as Data Pipeline, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SNS, IAM, VPC, ELB, EC2, S3
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), test-driven development, and unit test automation
- Experience in developing of an enterprise product line using Agile-Scrum development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the Healthcare software or IT industry preferred
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
- Special consideration for applicants who have a familiarity with, have worked on or leveraged, industry research projects for identity such as Sequoia or PMAL.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system