Cerner's engineering team is growing, and looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our HealtheIntent Development group. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will write and configure code for new and upgraded solutions in accordance with technical specifications. Some of your responsibilities will include to analyze, design, code, debug, test and modify new software or enhancements while considering software abilities; to create strategic technical designs for small scope projects within team; and to provide high-level architecture guidance and develop specifications to resolve software problems. Other responsibilities will include consulting with stakeholders on current functionality and complexity of adding features; estimating effort for current and future projects of small to medium scope; debugging complicated issues that span multiple modules, involve complex concurrency or low-level problems; and proposing and leading process improvements projects for development, deployment or application monitoring. To learn more about this opportunity and Cerner, apply today! Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent, relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of software engineering work experience
- Must currently reside in, or be willing to relocate to, Kansas City, MO
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
EEO is the Law (English)
E-Verify Participation (English)
Right to Work (English)
EEO is the Law (Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (Spanish)
Right to Work (Spanish)