Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to takerisks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.’s mission to be the world’s favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retailtechnology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.’s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based solutions using best in class platforms. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of the Product Catalog Team that owns the creation, management and dissemination of digitalretail product data for omni-channel customer experiences for our website, stores, and other Gap Inc. or 3rd party consumers. We aim to solve the problems of our customers as well as Gap Inc. brand business managers and Photo Studios who work in our internal tools to complete and manage the digital product information for sale on brand websites.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Catalog, you will be:
- Creating concept and designing solutions for enterprise class applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use
- Providing technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation and testing
- Applying and championing engineering practices (Clean Code) and Software Craftsmanship
- Collaborating with business representatives to understand requirements, value, prioritization, and acceptance criteria
- Actively engaged in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology
- Mentoring and guiding others who are still developing their skills
- Support and troubleshoot problems with existing applications
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related technical field
- Subject matter expertise in the realm of e-business/e-commerce and retail stores systems; experienced in high volume transactional environments with mission critical services
- 8 to 10 years’ practical architecture and domain driven design with integration technologies (open source, Enterprise API)
- 8 to 10 years of solutions proficiency in Java and Java technologies (Spring, Springboot, Struts, Hibernate, JSF)
- Must have a good understanding of SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL databases (Hadoop/Hbase or equivalent)
- Strong understanding of web services and APIs (Microservices architecture, REST, SOAP)
- Strong understanding of cloud component architecture concepts (Azure or equivalent) Experience with creating and maintaining Monitoring, Metrics and Logging for cloud on/off premise infrastructure
- Experience with SOLR or equivalent search platform
- Thorough understanding of Object Oriented principles (Analysis and Design)
- Thorough understanding and exposure to Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Has a DevOps mindset and is passionate about continuously improving organizational practices
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical mind, and a proven ability to work with limited direction
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.