We are looking for a senior software/systems engineer, who will serve in a client-facing role for the implementation of a large IT integration project. Our ideal candidate has deep experience building with enterprise software, and is committed to standing up a shippable product as part of a diverse team that includes client stakeholders, other software engineers, QA testers, release managers, product managers, and infrastructure engineers. He or she is a born problem solver, with a solid understanding of web technology, architecture, and process who is able to drive consensus around workable solutions.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities):
- Provide technical leadership in the integration, implementation, and transition of large, complex human services system
- Understand and synthesize integration requirements, and develop recommendations based on business objectives, product roadmap, solution architecture and technical considerations
- Contribute to the development of Casebook platform functionality using state-of-the-art frameworks and tools
- Specify and troubleshoot API integrations in an ecosystem of multiple systems
- Work closely with client stakeholders, partners, product managers, platform architect, and other software engineers
- Constantly learn and use leading-edge technologies
- Implement a system that will address the needs of vulnerable populations
What You Have (Skills and Experience):
- Experience building multi-tier web applications (Ruby or Scala preferred)
- Experience leading a major IT application implementation effort
- Ability to synthesize information to deliver optimal solutions and identify roadblocks
- Experience working with technical and operational management, and process owners
- Must have a strong background in software engineering principles and techniques.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to identify critical issues, escalate them and drive them to resolution.
- Experience in an agile software development project
- Experience using a software version control system (e.g., Git) in a project with multiple developers committing to a shared repository
- Experience with IT securityarchitecture and best practices
- Experience with software testing, including test planning, integration testing and load and performance testing
- Familiarity with an automated build and deploy pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)